No-Show & Late Cancellation
$50 Fee for No Show/Late Cancellation
All appointments not cancelled within 24 hours prior to the scheduled time are subject to a $50 fee.
The $50 fee will be charged to you for a missed appointment. Payment of the missed appointment fee is required before you will be allowed to schedule another appointment. If you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment, we kindly ask that you notify the office as soon as possible so that another patient may use the time slot. Quality care for our patients is our priority. Please take a few minutes to review our no-show policy.
Definition of a “No-Show” Appointment
IPMC defines a “No-show” appointment as any scheduled appointment in which the patient either:
- Does not arrive to the appointment
- Cancels with less than 24 hours’ notice
- Arrives more than 15 minutes late and is consequently unable to be seen
Impact of a “No-Show” Appointment
“No-show” appointments have a significant negative impact on our practice and the healthcare we provide to our patients. When a patient “no-shows” a scheduled appointment it:
- Potentially jeopardizes the health of the “no-showing” patient
- Is unfair (and frustrating) to other patients that would have taken the appointment slot
- Disrespects not only the provider’s time, but also the time of the entire clinic staff
How to Avoid Getting a “No-Show”
1. Arrive 15 minutes early – When you schedule an office visit with us, we expect you to arrive at our practice 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit. This allows time for you and our staff to address any insurance or billing questions and or to complete any necessary paperwork before the scheduled visit.
2. Give at least 24 hours’ notice to cancel or reschedule an appointment – When you need to cancel or rebook a scheduled visit, we expect you to contact our office no later than 24 hours before the scheduled visit. This allows us a reasonable amount of time to determine the most appropriate way to reschedule your care as well as giving us the opportunity to rebook the now vacant appointment slot with another patient. If it is less than 24 hours before your appointment and something comes up, please give us the courtesy of a phone call at 215-464-3300.