2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
We understand you may have concerns and want to give you peace of mind, so you know what to expect before and during your appointment. IPMC will follow the below safety measures.
• Enhanced Cleaning Protocols — Not only do we have well-established cleaning protocols already in place, but we have significantly amplified those. We will be sanitizing frequently throughout the day on high-touch surfaces using a sanitizer deemed by the EPA to be effective against coronavirus. We have a full time cleaning company at each location to keep all area sanitized for safety.
• Training and Preparedness — Our staff have been trained on the increased infection prevention protocols and will screen patients for any signs of respiratory illness and fever. Staff is now wearing surgical masks and gloves when caring for patients.
• Keeping Our Staff Healthy, to Keep You Healthy — For the safety and health of everyone, if any member of our staff has been in recent close contact to someone who is confirmed or being tested for a diagnosis of COVID-19, we are asking them to self quarantine for 14 days out of caution. Daily monitoring of employee temperatures will be taken.
• Ongoing Monitoring — Our leadership team is continuously monitoring the situation and adjusting our response, as necessary.
• Removal of Reading Materials in Waiting Rooms — To limit the amount of contact with high-touch surfaces, we have removed all reading materials from the waiting rooms in our sites so you may want to bring your own materials.
• Temperature Monitoring — Employee temperatures are taken daily. All patients will also be monitored for temperature.
• Social Distancing — To keep all our patients safe and healthy, we are encouraging social distancing in our waiting rooms. We have removed chairs and placed signs in others to urge you to sit at least six feet apart.
Have You Been Exposed to Someone with COVID-19 or Being Tested for COVID-19 and Experiencing Symptoms?
We ask that you reschedule your appointment if you’ve been in recent close contact with someone who is confirmed or under the suspicion of having COVID-19 and you’re experiencing fever, cough, and difficulty breathing in the last 3 days.
Practice Hand Hygiene Immediately Before and After Appointment
Wash and dry your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol which is conveniently located at our facility.
Recommendation to Follow CDC Guidelines
During your visit, we ask you to be mindful of other patients and follow these simple rules:
• Do not enter if you have flu symptoms.
• Patients only. No family or companions.
• We do not screen for coronavirus.
• Maintain a 6-foot distance.
• Please wear a mask during your visit.
• Make sure the mask covers your nose and mouth.
Your safety and well-being continue to be our highest priority. With new guidance issued by the State of Pennsylvania to reopen businesses for essential care, IPMC will follow suit with a phased approach and take precautions to provide care to our patients and staff in a safe manner.
Thank you for trusting us with your care.